Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A week on the edge

This week, give or take, is going to be my hardest week so far this year, or possible since I started college. The difference this time is that I know whats going on and am more on top of things.
Starting Wednesday the 28 of October I have 9 days of pretty much constant study, work, or some other kind of stress.
On the 28 I have two tests, Poly Sci and Mineralogy. The following day a paper is due in Poly Sci. Friday the 30 starts off with a Chem test that is immediately followed up by a Poly Sic presentation (fortunately on the same topic as the paper.) Friday being the last day of the week one would think that is all. One would be wrong. All day Saturday I'll be gone on a Mineralogy field trip to Llano County.
That's just the half way point.
Sunday at 5:30 am I leave with the Baylor University Mens Choir on our fall tour to Dallas till late that evening. The next day, Monday the second, we continue our performance sprint by singing in Chapel all morning. All this singing is punctuated by the Men and Womens' Fall Concert on Tuesday the third. I'll get next Wednesday more or less free, and then Thursday is one more test in Geological History. All of this includes regular classes too.

Sure I'll enjoy some of this and just barely survive the rest but all of it, across the board, will be exhausting.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it's better than being bored I say. I always enjoy a challenge much more than something easy or stress free. And people don't tend to realize it, but there are lots of good kinds of stress too. Like, for instance, how I tend to write a lot better when I'm either under a looming time constraint or, depending on what it is, emotional stress about the topic. Fortunately I've learned to keep that writing stress AND learn to make deadlines most of the time too. I used to just miss deadlines and then be under all that pressure to at least turn it in late. Needless to say, it's a lot better to turn things in on time, but it seems to be easer for me to still work under the pressure. Mostly anyways. I am forever learning better ways to time manage. Time management is everything in our day and age. It's kind of sad.

    But how'd it go? I know that it was a few weeks ago now, but still?

    BUT, in the spirit of time management - I should probably go do homework now....

    ReplyDelete